Poor quality assurance in IT projects results in significant additional costs. The main cost drivers are incorrect and incomplete requirement specifications, defective analysis and design, and inadequate testing. TÜViT has been providing services for the quality assurance of software for more than 15 years. Companies thus receive independent verification of the quality of their products, and reduce their project risks as well as follow-on costs.
Objective of quality assurance
Quality assurance makes risks manageable, and leads more quickly to better results. For your IT projects to become successful, we recommend investing at least 25 percent of your budget in quality assurance. This is because the cost of debugging during production is higher than during the analysis phase by a factor of 50.
TÜViT provides support with the quality assurance of all major results that are created during product development. The services begin with an assessment of the current situation. Any gaps in the quality concept are filled in, and the criteria for quality testing are defined.
On this basis, the quality managers from TÜViT conduct systematic reviews (project plans, specifications, system documentation, test scenarios and program code). Executable products, such as classes, components, subsystems or entire application systems, are reviewed by means of client-specific customized tests. If required, TÜViT also executes automated tests. We work on the basis of globally recognized standards, such as TMap® and TPI Next®.
Our services at a glance
- test planning
- creation of the test specification
- test scenario description
- performance of tests in the form of multi-stage tests (module test, integration test, system test, acceptance test) development of regression and acceptance tests
- introduction of processes for test automation
Your benefits at a glance
- reduction of project risks and follow-on costs
- cost savings through early detection of errors: if the correction of the errors is postponed until commissioning, the costs increase exponentially
- faster time to market: projects are completed early and with high quality
- reduced maintenance costs due to improved quality
- increased customer satisfaction thanks to tested quality of the function from the start
- independent confirmation of product quality
- workload reduction for your IT team: your IT staff can concentrate more on their key tasks
Philips Deutschland GmbH develops hospital information systems in which patient and treatment data are saved and made available for invoicing to the healthcare insurers. In these systems, the Intensive Care Module is responsible for the invoicing of treatment costs in the intensive care unit of a hospital. Philips needs to demonstrate to the healthcare insurers that the module correctly implements the official intensive care invoicing regulations. To this end, TÜViT was commissioned to operationalize and confirm this by means of appropriate tests.
TÜViT developed a corresponding test plan and created the associated test scenarios. Automated tests were implemented with the help of a scripting language, and conducted in the context of a hospital information system. Because Philips developed further versions of the Intensive Care Module during the test phase, the TÜViT quality managers performed regression tests to confirm the correct functioning of the latest version of the module. Philips received the certificate from the Trusted Product ISO/IEC 25051 series.