Components that are used in electronic payment transactions must fulfil the EMVCo security standards and those of The German Banking Industry Committee. TÜViT’s IT security test laboratory has been evaluating chips, applications, chip cards / smart cards and the corresponding operating systems for the banking sector for more than twenty years, as well as drawing up security assessment reports. With its test laboratory, TÜViT is one of the ten companies that have globally been accredited by EMVCo.
Interoperability and acceptance of secure payment procedures
The primary goal of EMVCo, an organization of the six members of American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, UnionPay and Visa, is to guarantee the interoperability and acceptance of secure, chip card-based electronic payment systems and ensure compliance with the EMC specifications.
Die Deutsche Kreditwirtschaft (The German Banking Industry Committee) represents the interests of the five umbrella associations of the German banking industry. It lays down the security standards that must be complied with for the approval of debit or credit cards, electronic cash and point-of-sale terminals and the associated network infrastructure.
TÜViT is an accredited security assessor
TÜViT is accredited by EMVCo, its members and The German Banking Industry Committee as a security assessor. Our IT security experts evaluate both the security of the underlying hardware, the platform (hardware including the operating system) and the entire application for use in electronic payment transactions. The scope of testing includes products for payment through contact, non-contact or mobile channels (e.g. NFC).
The goal is to confirm fulfillment of the requirements of the national and international credit services sector by means of audits with a final assessment report. Our evaluation services primarily address manufacturers and developers of components (hardware and software products) in the field of electronic payment transactions and their operators.
Our services at a glance
- security evaluations of chips, platforms (hardware including operating system), payment applications on Smart Cards
- security evaluations of mobile-based payment applications (including white-box cryptography)
- testing of conformity with the relevant security guidelines of the payment industry (EMVCo, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, The German Banking Industry Committee)
- analysis of the source code and penetration tests
- on-site audit of the development and production sites
- drafting of security assessment reports
Your benefits at a glance
- with the security assessment reports, you can apply for product or type approvals to The German Banking Industry Committee or EMVCo or its members
- your critical values are provided with the best possible protection: we use the strongest attack techniques that are currently available on the market
- the best lineup for you: Our IT security experts have outstanding know-how. TÜViT has all the necessary accreditations
- you can rely on a partner who has successfully carried out corresponding projects for more than twenty years