Hardware security modules or chip cards are used for the protection of sensitive data, e.g. in the field of credit cards, government documents, the health card and the smartphone.
TÜViT evaluates these IT products and their components in accordance with recognized international security standards (Common Criteria, EMVCo) and performs the necessary penetration tests in its own hardware test laboratory. TÜViT has all the necessary accreditations for this purpose.
Hardware tests for more security
Security and reliability are indispensable for government documents, infrastructures, trust services and payment transactions. Hardware tests therefore play a critical role here. For this purpose, our hardware security laboratory offers corresponding tests and extensive security analyses. The laboratory is part of the evaluation body for IT security, which is accredited by the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS) in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. TÜViT is acknowledged by EMVCo as well as its members as a "full service lab" for the security evaluation of hardware components and the corresponding software. In addition, we have been recognized by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) since 1991 as an evaluation body for Common Criteria.
The framework conditions for the evaluation and measurement methods are determined either by international standards and specifications, such as Common Criteria, FIPS PUB 140-2, as well as specifications of the national and international credit services sector (EMVCo, Die Deutsche Kreditwirtschaft (The German Banking Industry Committee)), or with you individually if required.
Our services at a glance
- measurements, tests and security analyses according to existing standards and specifications
- analysis of physical security
- source code analysis and design review
- side-channel analysis
- power analysis (SPA, DPA)
- electromagnetic emanation analysis (SEMA, DEMA)
- template attacks
- fault injection
- laser fault injection (LFI)
- voltage and frequency manipulation
- differential fault analysis (DFA)
- electromagnetic fault injection (EMFI)
Your benefits at a glance
- we have more than 20 years of experience with globally recognized evaluation of security-critical IT products and systems; as a result, we are able to offer you the best evaluation approach in each case
- your critical values are provided with the best possible protection: we use the strongest attack techniques that are currently available on the market.