The commonest targets of hacker attacks are the IT systems and data networks of companies. This was the finding of the study performed in 2015 by the German digital industry association Bitkom. In order to detect attacks as early as possible, TÜViT has been offering penetration tests on system and network levels since 1997.
TÜViT is certified by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) as an IT security service provider for penetrationtesting.
No matter what kind of information you provide (black/gray/white box approach), when performing the tests we use recognized standards and best practices such as NIST, OSSTMM and the German Federal Office of Information Security (BSI).
The penetration tests are performed as a combination of automated and manual tests, in order to achieve conclusive and high-quality results. This enables our IT security experts to identify specific vulnerabilities on the system and network levels. Thus you can ensure that your information security management system (ISMS) is indeed effective in practice.
Our services at glance
- architecture and design analyses
- review of installation and operating rules as well as security guidelines
- configuration analyses of operating systems and network components
- penetration tests on the system and network levels in accordance with the black/grey/white box approach
- review of wireless access point, switch, router and firewall rulesets
- optional performance of the SQ best practice certification procedure with the objective of a certificate being issued
For sustainable protection of the IT infrastructure of your company, we recommend verifying the effectiveness of security measures against new attack patterns at regular intervals.
Your benefits at a glance
- resilient risk assessment for your network security – identification of the actual risks that are not covered by ISO certification
- leverage the breadth of TÜViT security expertise: with TÜViT, you have as your partner one of the leading experts in the field of cyber security. We are certified by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) as an IT security service provider for IS audits, IS consulting, and penetration tests
- efficient performance of penetration tests using a specially developed test platform, the “Distributed Penetration Platform” (DPP)
- objective analysis and assessment of the established technical and organizational security measures in the field of system and network security
- definition of your security maturity level on the basis of recognised standards and best practices (e.g. NIST, OSSTMM, and the German Federal Office of Information Security (BSI))
- increasing the efficiency and overall security level through individually derived recommendations for action
- fulfilling duties of care in test performance as well as security and compliance requirements