The TSI.PROFESSIONAL data center training teaches all necessary information regarding the evaluation and certification of data centers' physical security and availability according to Trusted Site Infrastructure (TSI) in context of the EN 50600.
Trusted Site Infrastructure (TSI) is a proven method for the assessment and certification of the physical security and availability of data centers established in 2002.
In our TSI.PROFESSIONAL data center training the linked requirements and processes are presented in detail and the training participants gain deeper insights into the current TSI criteria catalogs TSI.STANDARD and TSI.EN50600.
Participants will receive a good overview of the structure, application and differences between the TSI.STANDARD and the TSI.EN50600. Our trainers will respond to each participant’s questions individually.
The training shall enable the participants to
- understand the TSI methods,
- interpret properly the TSI evaluation and certification scheme,
- apply the criteria catalogs in practice and
- align the design in a compliant manner.
The participants can complete the training with an optional examination and if they fulfill certain defined requirements will gain a TSI.PROFESSIONAL status.
The training program is directed at data center designers, data center advisors, general contractors as well as architects dealing with the design and construction of high available data centers.
However, the training can also be used by operators and users of mission critical infrastructures as an educational measure or for comprehending design concepts of third parties.
Your benefits at a glance
- You will be awarded as a TSI.PROFESSIONAL (listed on TÜViT's website for 24 months)
- You will receive the right of usage for the TSI.PROFESSIONAL Label
- You gain competitive advantages in bids for data center projects
- You are able to better interpret and understand TSI contents
- You are well prepared when a TSI/EN50600 project is imminent
Agenda of the data center training
- Introduction and overview of the data center Training
- TÜViT’s services for data center evaluations and certifications
- Structure of the evaluation method TSI.STANDARD
- Hazards in the data center envrionment
- Building construction requirements
- Fire detection and extinguishing system requirements
- Security systems and organization requirements
- Cabling requirements (specifically from the EN 50600)
- Power Supply requirements
- Ventilation and air conditioning requirements
- Organization requirements
- Documentation requirements
- Dual site data center requirements
- Structure notation and QA of TSI evaluation reports
- Preparations and process of a certification
- Open question session
Contents of the training
- general introduction to the TSI inspection and certification programs
- area of application
- history of the criteria catalog and market development
- contents and structure of the criteria catalogs
- assessment method "Comply or Explain"
- special features
- TSI in the context of other inspection programs
- differentiations among the TSI services
- documentation requirements
- importance, contents and structure of a security concept and a risk analysis
- overview of assessment aspects, requirements and criteria in the context of EN 50600
- certification process, the key questions on data center certification
- processes during assessment/certification projects
- correct interpretation of the planning evaluation report and the certification report
- typical supply concepts according to TSI.STANDARD and TSI.EN50600
- deeper insights into the assessment areas of the criteria catalog POW, ACV, CAB, FIR, CON, ENV, ORG, SEC, DDC, DOC
- practical exercises and examples on individual trades
- typical obstacles requiring special attention
- exam (optional)
Exam and TSI.PROFESSIONAL status
In addition TÜViT offers an optional exam. The questions of the exam refer to the content of the training. The exam will be considered passed if at least 80% of the questions are answered correctly.
TÜViT will award a TSI.PROFESSIONAL Status and will issue the right of usage for the TSI.PROFESSIONAL Label if the customer or the training participant meets the following requirements:
- application for the optional exam
- participation in the TSI.PROFESSIONAL training
- at least three years of relevant professional experience within a data center environment (as a data center planner, data center advisor, data center operator or similar); a résumé (with respective proof of qualification and/or experience) must be submitted
- successful completion of the exam at the end of the training
The status will be valid for 24 months and can be extended by another 24 months by participating in a one-day TSI.UPDATE training.
We offer to conduct the TSI.PROFESSIONAL data center training at your corporate headquarters or at a defined appointment. If the training is supposed to be conducted exclusively with many participants of a company, then the execution and organization is conducted by TÜViT. This becomes pricewise more attractive if more than 3 persons are participating in the training.
If there are less than 3 participants than we advise to take part in our centralized training, which is offered by the Dutch Data Center Association (DDA). The participation at our centralized training enables you the exchange with other participants and experts in the data center environment.